Travel Agent Assistant
Want to work in the travel industry but don't want to worry about the marketing component and finding your own clients?
Work as an assistant in our travel agency!
Help us research and build trips
Flights, Resorts & Hotels
Ocean Cruises and River Cruises
Safaris, Tours, Excursions and Experiences
Assistant Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Support our back office and admin work virtually
- Understand the business side of the agency and optimize commissions and trip value
- Download trip invoices (agency copy and client copy) to Google Drive, Travel Joy CRM
- Submit client payments to appropriate travel vendors they are booked through
- Research destinations, hotels, all-inclusive resorts, cruise itineraries, tours and excursions
- Create client quotes by building trips with multiple tour operators to find the best value, inclusions and price for the client
- Review group trip clients and audit for accuracy
- Logging new bookings into host agency CRM (TESS)
- Auditing trips prior to departure for accuracy
- Confirm booked vendors, hotels, transfers, tour providers directly prior to client arrival
- Building and researching various hotels, resorts and cruise options for clients
- Managing group trips and group clients
- Sending client travel waivers and forms prior to travel (covid waiver and travel insurance acknowledgement)
- Obtaining client passports prior to departure
- Excursions, tours and concierge requests: researching, booking and confirming client requests
- Obtaining client flight reservations
- Upload trip details and confirmations into AXUS travel itinerary app
- Verify client flight schedules pre-departure
- Collect client trip information via Travel Joy CRM
Technology, Tools and Software We Use:
- Travel Joy CRM
- TESS CRM
- Google Drive
- Facebook Groups
- Google Maps
- SEAWEB (cruise booking engine)
- Espresso/Cruising Power (cruise booking engine)
- POLAR (cruise booking engine)
- SEAWARE (cruise booking engine)
- World Agent Direct
- VAX Vacation Access
- American Airlines Vacations
- Vacation Express
- Classic Vacations
- TBO Holidays
- Travel Leaders Network (Agent Universe platform)
Hours and Starting Pay:
- Likely 15-20 hours weekly minimum (plus additional time for building client quotes, depending on volume of trip requests)
- Starting pay: $15/hour for travel agents with experience using the above booking engines and software
- Must be US citizen/permanent resident and residing in the USA
- There is a significant opportunity for 20-30+ hours per week or full-time work depending on continued growth of our sales volume
Growth and Direction:
- We're ideally looking for an active travel agent that has experience quoting, booking and managing travel and is familiar with all the tools, software and technology we use daily.
- This will ideally be a long-term relationship with our agency with many opportunities for growth and expansion
- If sales and commissions increase with your support, we may be able to offer additional compensation via bonus commission as well as hourly rate of pay for reaching specific sales benchmarks
How To Inquire
Email Nick at Help@NicksEasyTravel.com with the following details:
- Are you currently an actively working travel agent or have travel agent experience?
- Why are you interested in pursuing this type of work?
- What experience you have in sales and/or working for a startup company?
- Examples of technology and software you have experience with.
- How have you historically handled stressful and unpredictable situations?
- Example of how you've had to think 'outside the box' to create a client solution
- List which destinations and types of trips you've personally traveled to (cruises, river cruises, safari, resorts, all-inclusives, tours, etc,.)
- What are your current schedule, responsibilities and availability?
Preference given to experienced travel agents.
I look forward to hearing from you!
Last updated September 25, 2023